About Narelle Sharpe
Narelle Sharpe was first elected as an Independent Councillor for the Buckley Ward in Moonee Valley City Council in November 2008.
Narelle was elected as Deputy Mayor for the 2009/2010 year.
Narelle was re-elected as an Independent Councillor in the 2012 elections, with the highest primary vote of any candidate.
Narelle was elected as Mayor of Moonee Valley City Council for the 2012/2013 year and is the youngest female Mayor in Moonee Valley’s history.
Narelle’s primary portfolio is Family, Children, Aged and Disability and Youth.
Narelle is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
Buckley Ward covers the following suburbs:
- Essendon Fields
- Essendon North
- Strathmore Heights
Since 2008 I have had the privilege to meet many residents, traders and community groups within the municipality. Many issues and concerns have been raised with me over this time.
Some of the great results I have been able to achieve for the community are:
- A new walking path between Clifton St and Afton St Aberfeldie
- An upgrade of Wallis Mall Niddrie, with new seating and tables for customers
- New street trees in Keilor Road Niddrie and Rose Street Shopping Centre
- New banner poles and signage for Rose Street Shopping Centre
- An improved and well-lit pedestrian crossing on Napier St (cnr Glass St)
- New signage and painting of seats and fences around North Essendon Shopping Village
- New playgrounds at Talbot Rd Essendon, Government Rd Essendon, Melissa St Strathmore and a tiny tots playground at Lincoln Park
- A dedicated 3 year old kindergarten program at Cooper Street Essendon and improvements to the building to ensure our children are cared for in the very best place!
- New public amenities at Lincoln Park
I represent Council on the following committees and external bodies:
- Audit Committee
- Metropolitan Transport Forum
- Clifton Park Advisory Committee
- Moonee Valley Athletics Track Advisory Committee
- Disability Reference Group
- Essendon Airport/Essendon Fields Working Group
- Public Transport Providers Advisory Group
- Moonee Valley Foundation
- Early Years Reference Group